Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Another Christmas has come and gone and Ray and I loved celebrating for the first time in our new home.

Our Christmas Tree



The week began rainy as Ray and I finished up some Christmas shopping. Luckily, Tuesday was beautiful because Ray had promised to take me to Disneyland. There's not much I can go on being pregnant, but we did go on Small World Holiday (one of my favorites) and then waited about an hour to see the Christmas parade. It was kind of sad to not have Sue there, since we've made watching the parade a sister tradition for the last several years. The plan was to stay for the fireworks, but after some dinner and hot chocolate I was just too worn out - I get way too tired way too quickly these days. We'll just have to make another trip specifically for the fireworks. I know I won't mind. :-)

Small World Holiday with Flat Stanley




Christmas Eve started off with the Hall family tradition of getting some hot chocolate from Starbucks. We usually follow that with a nice walk around the neighborhood, but since it was another rainy day, we decided to rent Mamma Mia and had a fun time singing along to the movie...or I guess I should say that I had fun singing along. That night we went over to Ray's Uncle Joseph's house where we enjoyed a HUGE meal with aunts, uncles, cousins, and little ones. It was fun getting to see a lot of Ray's family two times within the week.


Christmas morning we headed over to my parents to begin the Hall Christmas marathon. I don't know how we do it, but our Christmases end up lasting from 10 in the morning until around 5 in the evening. We had a delicious Christmas dinner - even with the turkey being cooked in the oven since it was raining...again! Being heavily hit with food coma, we all sat down to watch Wall-E. What a cute movie! I even cried, but then I seem to cry at everything these days.


Ray and I had our own Christmas the next morning and have been slowly cleaning up and getting things put away. Next year, we'll definitely have more pictures to share. I did take a picture of Noober's stocking. Since we don't know if the baby's going to be a boy or girl, we've been calling him/her Noober for fun.





The Saturday after Christmas we drove to Downey for the wedding reception of an old family friend of Ray's. Ray had fun getting to see the Holloway family and chatting with a friend from his mission.


Ray with Lee Holloway



We're looking forward to spending New Year's Eve with some friends, though I probably won't last until midnight this year. New Year's Day will be a sad one with no Michigan in a bowl game for the first time since before I was born. But I am looking forward to the Blackhawks/Redwings outdoor game at Wrigley Field!

6 comments:

  1. I love hearing what people call their kid when it is still and it. I have never heard of anyone calling it noober.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray came up with the word Noob last year when he started teaching...as in "Don't be a noob". I had been calling the baby Goober, but Ray thought it sounded too much like Booger, so he thought of Noober. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! We miss you and will see you sometime this year, especially when Noober arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I could make a Michigan wisecrack, I'll just wish you a Happy New Year to you both and look forward to more blog posts!

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great! I'm so jealous since Disneyland is so wonderful during Christmastime. I actually cried the last time I saw the xmas parade since I didn't know when we'd be back and I could see the lights sparkling reflection in Carter's eyes. It's so magical. I can relate to the tired thing. Pregnancy is exhausting work but so worth it huh?! I love the name Noobers. So cute. We called Katherine Cricket when I was pregnant. :-) So glad to be able to read your blog. You can check mine out by clicking on my pic or name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry Rachel always cries too when she is prego. Happy Holidays, and we hope to see you soon this year! When Noober is Born we will come for the blessing.

    ReplyDelete