Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

New Beginnings

Ray and I have always said that once we were pregnant, we would start a blog as a fun and easy way to remember the journey and to share it with friends and family. Well, since we are now officially due in June, let the blogging begin! :-)

So around the beginning of November, I started feeling really crummy. I thought it was probably the flu coming on. I took a day off from school (Election Day) and just slept and lay around. When I returned to school the next day (not feeling much better), my coworker told me I should take a pregnancy test because she thought I had to be pregnant. So the next day I took about five different tests - I wanted to be absolutely sure. And sure enough...they all came back positive! Within the next week, we went to see the doctors and they confirmed it as well.


I'm now at 12 weeks and feeling pretty good. I haven't had much morning sickness luckily. Last Monday we got to go get the first trimester screening done and saw our baby for the first time. It was pretty awesome getting to see and hear the heartbeat and watch him/her moving around. We're very excited to find out if it's a girl or boy in about 6 weeks.

It's hard to believe how much has happened within the last year. We've moved into our first home...Ray luckily kept his math job at Irvine High and continues to coach water polo and recently received the head coaching job for boys' swimming. It's strange how everything seems to be falling into place. We truly feel so blessed to have a wonderful home, great jobs, and now a little one on the way.

So that's where we are right now. We are so excited to be celebrating our first Christmas in our new house and can't believe that next Christmas we'll have a baby to share it with! My New Year's resolution is to keep going with this blog and I know Ray will have fun posting his thoughts. We'll see how long we can last.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, and we are so excited for a new little cousin to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, never a dull moment when there's a kid involved. I'm so for you both. We have another nephew/niece due at practically the same exact time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations guys! I am so excited for you. It is an awesome responsibility and joy to become parents. I can't wait to find out what you're having...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a year for you guys! SO many congratulations on your pregnancy, new home, and careers. We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete